This bundle contains all the mechanical parts for a Project North Star headset, except the 3D printed parts.
Check what’s inside the kit here:
|Spring Left (0.304-in OD Torsion Spring 180 Deg. L-Hand Wound)||1|
|Spring Right (0.304-in OD Torsion Spring 180 Deg. R-Hand Wound)||1|
|M2.5x0.45 6mm Long Steel Flat Head Screw 90 Deg CS||14|
|M2.5x0.45 5mm Long Button Head Socket Screw||16|
|M4x0.7 20mm Steel Button Head Socket Screw||2|
|M4x0.7 Zinc Plated Nylon Insert Hex Lock Nut||2|
|M2 8mm Long Thread-Forming Screws for Plastic||25|
|M1.4 6mm Long Thread-Forming Screws for Plastic||4|
|8x16x2mm Rubber Washer||2|
|M2.5x0.45 3.4mm Long Heat-Set Insert for Plastics||24|
|3x10x165mm 6061 Aluminum Bar Slide (Pre-Drilled & Threaded)||2|
|Gen 2 Welding Headgear||1|
|Foam Forehead Padding (Pre-Cut)||1|
|Thin Foam for Forehead Padding (Pre-Cut)||1|
|Thin Foam for Facial Interface (Pre-Cut)||1|
|2mm Thick Self-Stick Anti-Skid Rubber 3M Tape (Pre-Cut)||4|
The included parts are almost the same as those from Leap Motion’s release 3.
For the latest batch, we’ve switched to black screws, and have switched all but the M4 bolts to Philips head screws. We’ve also included some additional screws for fastening the fan and T261 in case you opt to build a Deck X North Star variant.
We’ve also pre-cut, tapped, drilled, or otherwise prepared some of the parts that were originally specified as raw materials:
- Springs: We’ve cut them into the exact lengths necessary for use.
- Aluminum bars: We’ve drilled and tapped the holes with 0.45mm thread pitch, so you don’t need to do it yourself. We’ve also added a single threaded hole at the back end of the bar, allowing solid attachment of the end caps. And, just for the “cool factor,” we’ve had them coated with a matte black finish.
- Gen 2 welding headgear: we’ve opted to include the Gen 2 version, as opposed to the Miller Gen 3 headgear specified in Leap motion’s current design. We’ve done this for pricing and availability reasons. As the Gen 2 only constitutes two dollars of the kit’s price, it won’t be a big waste if you opt to source the Gen 3 headgear locally by yourself.
- Foam forehead padding: We’ve cut the foam into the right shape and size for the 3D printed parts, which should save you significant time and effort.
- We’ve also included some zip ties, for all your cable management needs. After all, one can never have too many zip ties. Right?
If you have any questions or requests, please contact us.
This headset kit requires a certain level of technical expertise. Please consult these technical resources before purchasing: