One year ago, we made the first E-ink module for makers and developers. This time, we made some pin changes to allow greater flexibility while hooking up. The SMD female pins have been shifted to the 90 degrees to one side of the display.
Electronic Ink or as we like to think, Everlasting Ink, imitates the look of normal ink on paper. Famous for its use in E-Readers, it has high visibility and contrast, a wide viewing angle, and low power requirements. In fact, once you program the display with text or images, it will last and last, even when there is no battery powering it.
One of the great benefits of this type of method is that power is only required to change the display. Another is its readability. Mimicking ink on paper, it is easy on the eyes and reads well in direct sunlight.
This module comes pre-mounted on PCB so you can easily hook it up with whatever brain you’d like to use it with. We’ve got some tutorials down below on the original PCB set-up to get you started with an Arduino displaying text, images, and data! The pinout is the same, just mounted differently on the display.
- Ultra low power consumption
- Super wide viewing angle - near 180°
- Extra thin & light
- High Resolution
- SPI interface
- Four gray shade colors
- All necessary component included
- Integrated boosted circuit
- Maintains a clear display in the power-off state
- Resolution: 172x72
- Display thickness: 1.18mm
- Display Dimension: 2.04inch,
- Module dimension: 30.13x60.26mm
- Pixel Pitch (mm): 0.28(H) X 0.28(V) / 95dpi
- Contrast Ratio: 10:1
- Display Color: 4 gray shade colors, White, Gray, Deep gray, Black
- Refresh Time (room temp.): 1 sec
- Interface: SPI
- Operation Temperature: 0~50°C
- Storage Temperature: -20~60°C
- Module Weight: 15g
BS1: Bus interface selection pin, low is 4-lines SPI, high is 3-lines SPI(9 bits).
BUSY: E-ink Device Busy Signal, When Busy is High, the operation of the chip should not be interrupted, command should not be sent.
RES: E-ink reset pin.
D/C: E-ink Data or Command control pin.
CS1: E-ink select input pin
SCL: SPI serial clock pin.
SDA: SPI MOSI pin.