This bundle consists of our accessories for the Intel® RealSense™ T261 needed to build the CombineReality Deck X Project North Star:
- Heat Sink Set (3 pcs, 14x14x6mm)
- Thermal Grease (0.5g Syringe)
- Micro USB 3 to Intel® RealSense™ T261 Adapter Bundle
- USB C to Intel® RealSense™ T261 Adapter Bundle
Even if you aren’t using your T261 in a North Star, we’d recommend using these unless you’ve already got other thermal management plans. The thermal grease is used to fill the gap between the heatsink and the back of the camera’s sensor wafer.
If you’ve ever wondered why the T265 is so beefy, when the T261 is so small, here’s your answer: heat dissipation. That enclosure is one big block of aluminum with a heat spreader on the front to radiate heat away from the Myriad X chip that’s doing all that crazy realtime SLAM sensor fusion magic. So yeah, don’t run your T261 without considering thermal management of some sort.
If you have any questions or requests, please contact us.
- Project North Star Discord Community
- Community documentation
- Hand alignment tool
- CombineReality website
- Leap Motion Project North Star Github
- Leap Motion (Ultraleap) Blog
Intel and Intel RealSense are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.