This bundle includes CombineReality’s North Star Integrator, a USB Hub System with integrated Arduino and flash drive. It cuts down the use of cables on all Project North Star headsets from 4 to 2 and is packed with a bunch of features:
- USB-C hub, two USB 3.0 ribbon connectors, and one USB 2.0 ribbon connector
- 512MB on-board flash drive (only works when connected to a USB 3.0 host)
- Arduino Leonardo compatible microcontroller, featuring a Qwiic connector that can be used to connect additional sensors like an IMU, as well as HID buttons that can emulate keyboard keys. A button breakout board is included, and the microcontroller is preflashed with firmware that maps the buttons to the default ergonomics adjustment keys. (Eye relief, eye position, and IPD)
- Also allows for manual power reset of sensor USB ports via a GPIO pin.
- A fan, the speed of which is controlled by the Arduino-compatible microcontroller.
- Ribbon adapter board for Intel® RealSense™ T261 embedded 6-DOF module (ribbon cable included)
- Ribbon adapter board for Leap Motion Controller (ribbon cable included)
For a full overview of the kit's content, please check the Bill of Materials tab.
If you have any questions or requests, please contact us.
This headset kit requires a certain level of technical expertise. Please consult these technical resources before purchasing:
- North Star Integrator Hub EagleCAD Files
- Project North Star Discord Community
- Community documentation
- Hand alignment tool
- CombineReality website
- Leap Motion Project North Star Github
- Leap Motion (Ultraleap) Blog
Intel and Intel RealSense are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.