Note: This set is single-piece and we are no longer selling the set of individual combiners. We recommend the new version of the bracket and display trays, which allows you to install and maintain calibration of this combiner set without glue.
We now have a single-piece combiner set! The results: much easier to install, more stable, and less of a hassle to calibrate. They are now made of polycarbonate and we’re still using the same high-quality anti-reflective coatings as the premium combiners we were having coated in the US.
The previous version of combiners finally had the right coatings with the quality that met our standards, but installation and calibration for a two-piece set of lenses was a pain, especially if it was one of your first builds. Now imagine having one hand in your pocket, and the other one attaching your North Star lens.
Also, no more residual injection gate material on the sides. That’s right—no more jagged little edges.
Good luck with your North Star build!
- Coating stack:
- 50% reflective concave surface
- Broadband anti-reflective convex surface
- Oleophobic (anti-fingerprint) coating on both surfaces
- Weight: 30.7 g / lens
- Substrate material: Polycarbonate
- 1 set
- Package dimension: 18.5 * 10.2 * 4.0 cm
- Leap Motion Official Website
- Project North Star Github
- Modified optics bracket for Exiii version of Project North Star