This is the sub-kit for the Project North Star kit, this kit contains all the mechanical parts except the 3D printed parts.
Check what’s inside the kit here:
(excl. 3D Printed Parts)
|4||Spring Left (0.304-in OD Torsion Spring 180 Deg. L-Hand Wound)|
|5||Spring Right (0.304-in OD Torsion Spring 180 Deg. R-Hand Wound)|
|6||M2.5x0.45 6mm Long Steel Flat Head Screw 90 Deg CS|
|7||M4x0.7 20mm Steel Button Head Socket Screw|
|8||M2x8mm Long Thread-Forming Screws for Plastic|
|9||M4x0.7mm Zinc Plated Nylon Insert Hex Lock Nut|
|10||8x16x2mm Rubber Washer|
|11||M2.5x0.45 3.4mm Long Heat-Set Insert for Plastics|
|12||3x10x165mm 6061 Aluminum Bar Slide (Pre-Drilled & Threaded)|
|13||Gen 2 Welding Headgear|
|14||Foam Forehead Padding (Pre-Cut)|
|16||2mm Thick Self-Stick Anti-Skid Rubber 3M Tape (Pre-Cut)|
|17||Cable Ties 3*100mm|
The included parts are almost the same as those from Leap motion’s release 3.
We’ve also pre-cut, tapped, drilled, or otherwise prepared some of the parts that were originally specified as raw materials..
- Springs: We’ve cut them into the exact lengths necessary for use.
- Aluminum bars: We’ve drilled and tapped the holes with 0.45mm thread pitch, so you don’t need to do it yourself. We’ve also added a single threaded hole at the back end of the bar, allowing solid attachment of the end caps.
- Gen 2 welding headgear: we’ve opted to include the Gen 2 version, as opposed to the Gen 3 specified in Leap motion’s current design. We’ve done this for pricing and availability reasons. As the Gen 2 only constitutes two dollars of the kit’s price, it won’t be a big waste if you opt to source the Gen 3 headgear locally by yourself.
- Foam forehead padding: We’ve cut the foam into the right shape and size for the 3D printed parts, which should save you significant time and effort.
- We’ve also included some zip ties, for all your cable management needs. After all, one can never have too many zip ties. Right?