Sharp IR Distance Sensor GP2Y0A41SK0F 4-30 cm
The Sharp distance sensors are a popular choice for many projects that require accurate distance measurements. And while crashing into things is part of the fun of robotics, there comes a time in every maker's life where they want precision and function. Enter the Sharp GP2Y0A41SK0F sensors. These IR sensors will add obstacle avoidance and motion sensing to the list of mods you’re creating for your robot. It's also perfectly suited to stationary projects that just need some good ole distance accuracy.
An alternative to sonar rangefinders, this GP2Y0A41SK0F Sharp sensor will provide accurate distance measurements at a more affordable price. This particular Sharp sensor will detect distances in a range of 1.5-12 in (4-30 cm).
The GP2Y0A41SK0F uses a 3-pin JST PH connector that works with our 3-pin JST PH cables for Sharp distance sensors, also included is a 3-pin JST PH cable 7.87 in (20 cm) in length for each unit.
How it works: Infrared is sent out by the sensor which bounces off objects. The analog voltage that is returned determines how close the nearest object is. The closer it is, the higher voltage is returned.
- Operating voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Average current consumption: 12 mA (note: this sensor draws current in large, short bursts, and the manufacturer recommends putting a 10 µF capacitor or larger across power and ground close to the sensor to stabilize the power supply line)
- Distance measuring range: 4 cm to 30 cm (1.5″ to 12″)
- Output type: analog voltage
- Output voltage differential over distance range: 2.3 V (typical)
- Update period: 16.5 ± 4 ms
- Size: 44.5 mm × 18.9 mm × 13.5 mm (1.75″ × 0.75″ × 0.53″)
- Weight: 3.5 g (0.12 oz)