VL53L0X Time of Flight Distance Sensor - 30 to 1000mm GY-530
The GY-530 sensor has the VL53L0X sensor on board, with power management IC on board, the module can accept power arrange from 2.8V to 5V.
The VL53L0X is a new generation Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser-ranging module housed in the smallest package on the market today, providing accurate distance measurement whatever the target reflectances unlike conventional technologies. It can measure absolute distances up to 2m, setting a new benchmark in ranging performance levels, opening the door to various new applications.
The VL53L0X integrates a leading-edge SPAD array (Single Photon Avalanche Diodes) and embeds ST’s second generation FlightSenseTM patented technology.
The VL53L0X’s 940nm VCSEL emitter (Vertical Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser), is totally invisible to the human eye, coupled with internal physical infrared filters, it enables longer ranging distance, higher immunity to ambient light and better robustness to cover-glass optical cross-talk.
- User detection for Personal Computers/Laptops/Tablets and IoT (Energy saving).
- Robotics (obstacle detection).
- White goods (hand detection in automatic faucets, soap dispensers etc...)
- 1D gesture recognition.
- Laser assisted Auto-Focus. Enhances and speeds-up camera AF system performance, especially in difficult scenes (low light levels, low contrast) or fast moving video mode.
- Fully integrated miniature module
– 940nm Laser VCSEL
– VCSEL driver
– Ranging sensor with advanced embedded micro controller
– 4.4 x 2.4 x 1.0mm
- Fast, accurate distance ranging
– Measures absolute range up to 2m
– Reported range is independent of the target reflectance
– Operates in high infrared ambient light levels
– Advanced embedded optical cross-talk compensation to simplify cover glass selection
- Eye safe
– Class 1 laser device compliant with latest standard IEC 60825-1:2014 - 3rd edition
- Easy integration– Single reflowable component
– No additional optics
– Single power supply
– I2C interface for device control and data transfer
– Xshutdown (Reset) and interrupt GPIO
– Programmable I2C address